Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am new to this


I am almost as good at keeping up on this as I was a keeping a journal on my mission. Jen just entered Lauren in a photo contest. Of course we think she will win because she is the prettiest baby ever.
It just amazes me how fast life seems to be going by. Todd just turned 14. Which means I am very close to 38. Then I realized that when Josh gets home from his mission I will be 40!! Thanks to the years I spent doing masonry my body is telling me that I am that old. Jen and I spent last Monday pulling out evergreen bushes in the front yard. By the time we finished the pile blocked the front of the house. For the next 2 days we both complained about how sore we where.
The reality that our children are getting older is setting in. Everyone has something going on every night. Between young womens for Jen and scouts, we are booked. Ethan and Nick are getting ready to start Jr. Jazz basketball and that will add more to do. I do love that they want me to be involved in all they do.

5 comments:

The Niebuhr's said...

That is the cutest picture, I think I'm on your side, she should win!

Wendi said...

Great post! Keep up the good work old man!

Stacey said...

It has been great catching up with everyone's families on facebook and blogs! It has been too long since I have seen everyone and am hoping to make a trip next summer. I will check back on your blog often for updates. I think it is great you are entering her in a contest. My 3rd (Eden) was a VERY beautiful baby but I was always afraid that others didn't think she was as cute as I did. She is now 5 and when I look at old pictures, I realize she was indeed very beautiful and I should have entered her in something. Anywase, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I am so happy you guys had a baby girl-what a joy! I bet she is spoiled by her big brothers.

Kalista Hill said...

Hi, We are so glad that you guys had a girl! She is so cute and we just had girl #3 so I think we are experts in spotting cute girls. Kalista is the blogger in our family, so you'll have to check out her blog for picts.

Lauren's Room Boutique said...

Well she didn't win, but she is a winner to us. I am really glad to here from you all.